Wednesday, April 21, 2010

woot woot

Happy Wednesday! So last week I gained weight because it was following my extensive birthday week (in which I drank and consumed a lot of calories)... so in the last 2 weeks I have kicked my own butt and tried to eat healthy and workout. Thankfully it paid off and I lost 6 lbs. woot woot!
That is a total of 15 lbs thus far. I am super excited.
So, I registered to do a 5k run/walk in July (talk about SCARY!) especially since I don't run. I am super scared about the 5k but I have always wanted to do one- so I thought, what the heck...I might as well give it a shot. I figure if I can at least run a mile, and then walk the rest- I would be happy. Most of my coworkers are doing the 5k as well so I have a great support network. Anyway- for the last 2 weeks I have been walking/jogging on the treadmill 3 days a week. I am doing small increments to build up my stamina. Right now I have been doing a 25 minute treadmill work out- where I run for 60 seconds, walk for 90, run for 60, walk for 90...etc. And I am glad I have been doing that- because losing the 6lbs really showed me that it is paying off. Last night I felt super energized and just started jogging on the treadmill to see how far I could go without dying..and I ran 1/4 mile (yay!) It is a very small step towards my goal- but I was totally impressed with myself that I could run that far. I hope I can continue to increase my stamina and eventually be able to do a 1/2 mile..then a mile.   :)
Another change that I have made is at work. My job is pretty sedetary unless I have a meeting with a client- so me and a few coworkers decided to do a 15 minute walk every work day afternoon. So I think that is really helping 1) with staying active and 2) with getting re-juvinated and energized to do my actual work in the afternoons.
Well...enough writing for today. I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the life of me. :) Also- since spring has hit and summer is fast approaching- my days are super busy. Which is why I haven't been posting as often- however I will for sure post at least 1 day a week (probably weigh in Wednesdays). Thanks again for all you lovely ladies who are keeping me motivated and energized to stay active!
~Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Laura JeanApril 21, 2010

    OMG! a 5K and six pounds! You are my hero. Congrats on getting back on the wagon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT job!! I am so proud of you! Girl, you are going to breeze thru that 5K! It will be smooth sailing! :)

    Steve & I talked about doing a marathon, but I don't think my knees can withstand the pounding on the pavement yet...maybe next year!??! I can always dream! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! I was super excited about it. I am super nervous about the 5k- but I just gotta take little steps and hopefully I will be able to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where's the 5K at?
    little brother marshall is a 5k whiz. he makes me look bad! my only goal in life is to beat him...just once. :)

    ReplyDelete