Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 2

Uff Da Maya...dogsitting for 2 little dogs is a lot of work! They are super cute but it totally reminds me why I don't have kids yet...cuz they are a handful. Yesterday I wasn't able to do the exercise DVD but I did go for a walk with the dogs.

Anyway... 1st day of eating healthier went well. I did have 5 dark chocolate kisses though...oopsies(but believe me..they were delicious and well worth it!) I did not do so good at drinking water though...I only got down about 32 oz...which is better than nothing but I am going to work on trying to double that! And I am going to try drinking sassy water again. For those of you who might not know what sassy water is...it is 2 L pitcher of water with slices of lemon, cucumbers, mint and ginger (trust me, it is an acquired taste but very good for you).

So, I went to Target yesterday and bought a brand new pink nalgene water bottle. Guess how much it was?? It was a stinkin $10! holy crapola..that is a lot of money for a water bottle. Oh well... I do LOVE it already! And I am thinking since it is so new and pretty that I might drink more water with it :) So far today I have already drank 20 oz in my new pink water bottle...so it's workin thus far! I know, I am a dork and get excited over the small stuff...but that's okay, whatever is going to keep me going throughout the day will help!!

So my meal plan today consists of:
Breakfast-Kashi puff cereal, milk, and unsw. applesauce
Snack- I was soo tired today and wanted coffee so I ended up getting a light Starbucks van frapp. (trust me..the coffee was much needed!)
Lunch- 3 oz tuna, 1 C baby carrots, string cheese
Afternoon Snack-Dannon light yogurt
Dinner- I am going to a Chinese restaurant tonight with friends so I am not sure what I am going to order yet. Any ideas of healthier chinese options? I am thinking maybe chicken and veg. or beef and broccoli?

2 comments:

  1. My only suggestion for a Chinese rest. is to keep it bland. That type of food is so loaded with sodium....the less "sauce", the better.

    Have fun at dinner tonight! It's always fun to meet up with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do steamed veggies & shrimp with steamed brown rice...order some cashews on the side for your mufa - check page 124 of your pocket guide for more ideas!

    Keep up the good work - the jumpstart is a great way to start, but you are only eating 1200 calories a day for a reason...you are kicking your butt into gear to lose water weight and give your mentality a reason to keep going (when you see the pounds drop that first week, it is very motivating!!!)!!! When you get done with the jumpstart diet, the rest of the meal plans look soooo filling compared to what you have been eating!

    ReplyDelete