Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 1

Well today if the official day that I am going to start eating healthy again and working out. I have started the day off well with a great breakfast~ banana, Kashi puff cereal (with nonfat milk) and unsweetened applesauce. For lunch today I brought some turkey, string cheese, and baby carrots. I am also going to have a yogurt and possibly some grapes sometime today for a snack when I get hungry (I will probably be hungry all day today so we will see how long until I officially cave and eat the yogurt and grapes). I am housesitting tonight for a friend- so I had to pack my groceries for the next few days. I am planning on having a chicken breast tonight with green beans and brown rice. So if I stick to that game plan I will be sitting at about 1100 calories; and only 45g of Fat. Heck ya baby!
The most difficult part today will be trying to drink enough water to stay hydrated. I like drinking water with crystal light packets (which I know is not good for you) so I am going to try just drinking plain water. wish me luck...

My plan for activity tonight: Since I am housesitting/dog sitting for the next few days I won't have access to my gym. So I packed a couple exercise DVD's with me and plan on doing those. Tonight I am going to do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's a killer!

11 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!!! You can do it...Are you not interested in making the sassy water? It really is an essential part of the jumpstart - I truly believe it is the main reason I lost 7.5 lbs that first week - the combination of the lemons, cucumbers, ginger, and mint leaves I think help flush out toxins in the digestive system. If you want to make a 2 L pitcher of it and just drink half of it one day and half the next and drink the other 1 L of just plain water, I think that will be fine, too...I don't think you don't need to make a new pitcher every night - just every other night!

    I love the blog...super cute and it will really be worth your time to write it all down - it has been a great motivator for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura Van RynFebruary 24, 2010

    Way to go Mandy!! Maybe your blog will give me some motivation!! Good luck, you will do AMAZING!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that the shred is a great workout! I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Amanda! If you need a work out buddy give me a call. I need to do more too and plan on it when it gets warmer hopefully.

    So what do you mean Crystal Light is bad for you? I love that stuff. Should I not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Amanda! I am not sure I could put myself out there like you did, good luck! Try adding lime to your water and if you get hungry during the day have a few almonds. Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Mandy you should be off to a good start considering I ate half the amish bread you sent today! I took one for the team and ate 2 whole pieces as my appa-teaser before my Healthy Choice meal. You will do great! I will join you on Monday but not a minute before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies for all of the posts and support!! :)

    Jen~ I am not a huge fan of the sassy water...but I think I will try and drink it every other day or 1/2 a pitcher of it. That is a good idea! I am going to stop at the store and get some ginger...so I will give it a whirl again. :)

    Lisa- Crystal Light has both aspartame and acesulfame potassium which are not good for you. But I think if you drink in moderation and not daily you will be just fine! I 'googled' it and there was a lot of information abou tit so feel free to read more about all the side effects of it and what not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay manda!! good for you! ali

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck Amanda! I think this is a great idea to blog about your progress! It will be tough but I'm sure you can do it! You sound so informed and well on your way already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer VaughanFebruary 25, 2010

    Nice Job Amanda! I'm so proud of you! I'd be happy to join you at the gym if you want a buddy....and I know I'll need you to help keep me motivated to attend my classes too. Good for you, girl! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So how is day 2 coming along? Thanks for your comment today...I sweat my arrrssss off yesterday after drinking the day before! haha

    The ONLY reason I am motivated to go to the gym is because of Ally...I love the fact that our gym offers physical education classes for her age group - so I don't have to just drop her off in some play room. It has been so good for her to see me work out regularly & both of our eating habits have changed this month (and she recognizes a healthy lunch - it is super cute when I ask her what she wants for lunch and she tells me all the healthy things we eat!)!! So I am lucky that there is something for her to do at the gym...otherwise I may not go as often or as regularly - her classes are only offered for two hours in the morning M-F at the same time my aerobics classes are scheduled.

    Keep up the blog - I am interested in your daily meals and exercise regiment!!

    ReplyDelete