Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 16

Well ladies, I did it. Last night at book club when Sara ordered 3 very delicious looking pizzas...I did not have 1 bite. I watched everyone ate and it looked soo good- but I ate my pita with laughing cow cheese, grapes and carrots. :) so I am proud of myself for that! Especially since my activity level has been super low this week- I really wanted my calories to be better.

Today I was driving a lot for work so I packed a lunch for the car ride. It was a rainy icky day out...but it was the first thunderstorm we have had in a long time. I think that means spring is on it's way! yay! I am soo ready for spring to get here... 1) because I love spring and 2) because I really want to start riding my new  bike that I got last year. It is great exercise and I really want to start riding again!

Tonight was my dear friend Jessica's birthday so a huge group of us (20 or so) went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Before going to dinner I looked up all the nutritious information on drinks, food, and the cheesecake obviously. And thankfully they did have some healthier options on their menu! It was a super good dinner! And don't worry...I did not order any cheesecake. Nor did I have a bite of anyones cheesecake that was passed around! go me! lol. :)

Here is my food for the day:
B-Kashi honey nut cheerios, milk
L- 3 oz tuna, whole wheat tortilla, lettuce, black olives, 5 grapes
S- unsalted seeds, some jelly beans
D- At Cheesecake factory- spicy chicken salad (511 total cal)

total calories for the day: about 1700 (due to the large dinner/sunflower seeds/and jellybeans) Still pretty good though...so I am happy with it.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on passing up the cheesecake...that would have been impossible for me!! :) Also congrats on passing up on the pizza...

    Thanks for the comment re the Mexican - it really was the first time in 43 days I have gone over 2000 calories and I was pretty irritated at ordering that margarita without knowing the calorie content! But I hit it REALLY hard at the gym yesterday and going back today to do the same thing! :)

    What I am finding about changing my eating lifestyle is that my taste buds are changing! Isn't that a strange thing to say?? But really, fresh produce & big salads just taste better than ever. After 43 days (39 + my jumpstart), I really don't crave anything, well except sushi, which I have always craved!! :) I used to want Steve to pick up a pizza or something on his way home, but now I don't want it. I would rather throw together a wrap or saute some chicken in Mrs. Dash & olive oil or fix a big salad. Not only have I noticed that the amount of dishes I am using has gone down tremendously (by creating meals with only fresh items, I don't use as many pans), but our waistline has reduced too!! :) Steve is looking so great - his stomach is really shrinking!!

    I don't think I will order the food journal for a while - it is something I will get when typing my food list every day on the computer is too hard. I really enjoy listing it out on my blog - it is so motivating! :)

    While at the book store, check out the 400 calorie fix, listed on my Day 37:
    http://dietdetails.blogspot.com/2010/03/day-37-350-cal55-fat68-carbs.html

    Let me know if the recipes are as easy as the Flat Belly pocketguide...I need some variety this month and want to order it...it is pretty pricey though...

    Have a good weekend - I LOVE that you post on my blog...thanks for helping me stay on track! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You passed on Pizza and CHEESECAKE!?!?!?! You are my hero!! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Amanda! I was with you for both pizza and cheesecake and sadly I did not do so well and caved. I am very proud of you, though! Wish I had your will power. Keep it up!

    I plan on doing some more wii fit. I haven't worked out to that in forever so hopefully I can maintain a routine (1st time for everything, right?). If you want to come work out with me give me a call. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Amanda! I was with you for both pizza and cheesecake and sadly I did not do so well and caved. I am very proud of you, though! Wish I had your will power. Keep it up!

    I plan on doing some more wii fit. I haven't worked out to that in forever so hopefully I can maintain a routine (1st time for everything, right?). If you want to come work out with me give me a call. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete